Chapter 85 - Hunter

Hunter woke up to find Arabella already awake. Hunter sat up on the couch and rubbed his eyes. "It's about time you got up." Hunter squinted up to see Will looking at him. "Come on. The ladies left a while ago. I don't know where to, but it's time for guys to do manly things." He said with a chuckle. Hunter cleared his throat and grunted quietly before standing up. He walked up to his room and changed clothes before emerging slightly more awake then he was moments ago. Will clapped his hands together and sighed.

"Umm...We could finish painting inside. Last time I was here, I was going to get to it, but things were a little...distracting." Hunter said quietly, rubbing his eyes. "We need to get paint though, so come on." He said as he reached into his pocket for his keys. They were gone. "Oh, she did not." He said as he hurried to the door. He swung it open to see his car gone. He sighed and hung his head. Will casually walked over and put a hand on Hunter's shoulder.

"Looks like I'm driving." Will said with a chuckle. Hunter looked at the road, hoping that his car would come back. Hunter had spent a lot of time on that car and he wasn't exactly prepared to let Arabella drive it. That's part of the reason she got her own car. On top of that, Hunter wasn't exactly happy with her at the moment. Hunter grumbled a little before walking out toward Will's car. Will twirled his keys on a lanyard and whistled as he walked to the car.

"I cannot believe she took my car." Hunter grumbled quietly, shaking his head. "If she comes back...and it's..." He said before sighing. Hunter cracked his neck and got into Will's car. Will started it up and they got on the road. After a few moments, Will turned to Hunter.

"Wait...Can you even drive? Like, legally drive?" Will asked with narrowed eyes. Hunter nodded.

"Yeah, of course." Hunter said with a shrug. "When I became a legal person, I got my licenses and certificates and permits and all that. So yes. I can drive." Will nodded. They drove for a little while longer before Will cleared his throat.

"So, why were you on the couch this morning?" He asked with a raised eyebrow. "Did you and Arabella...uh...should I clean the couch before I sit there?" Hunter shook his head.

"No. Not even close." Hunter said with a sigh. "We kind of got into a fight and it ended up moving to the couch, because she was going to sleep there. I didn't want her to sleep there. I was going to switch places with her, but we ended up just sleeping there." Will looked at him with a raised eyebrow. "We didn't do anything." He said with a sigh.

"Well, are you guys okay, now?" Will asked clearing his throat. Hunter thought for a second and then shrugged.

"Probably not. We didn't really come to a resolution. We just got tired of fighting." Hunter sighed. "We never really fought like that before. I really really hated it."

"What was it about? If you don't mind me asking." Will said quietly. Hunter took a deep breath.

"It was really dumb." Hunter said shaking his head. "She had this ex-boyfriend named Chad. Basically, Chad is a major a-hole. He hit her. He raped her. He almost killed me." Hunter said, rubbing his neck. "He showed up at Arabella's apartment yesterday. He attacked me. Threatened to kill her and me. So, in self-defense, I beat him up and tossed him down a flight of stairs." Will looked at Hunter in mild surprise.

"You? You...Wow. Okay." Will said with a nod. "It sounds like you did the right thing, then. What's the problem?"

"She's upset with me for not telling her. Even though when I did tell her she...flipped out!" Hunter said, throwing his hands up into the air. "I ended up apologizing. She overreacts. I have to apologize. I feel like I was better off as a Hunter." He said with a pained chuckle. Will looked at him and sighed as he pulled into the hardware store parking lot. They got out and started to the door.

"That sucks, man." Will said, patting Hunter on the back. "You didn't mean that about being a hunter thing though, right? That seems a little extreme." He said nervously. Hunter shook his head and walked into the store.

"No, man. I'm just upset about this. There's always something with her." Hunter said, shaking his head. "First it was Chad, then Philippa, then her job, then her going to Europe, then her dad, then something else, then the next thing, then the next freaking thing." Hunter said as they walked into the store. "I'm just never going to be happy with this girl." Hunter turned to Will. "What about you and Penny? Any troubles?"

"Not really." Will said after thinking for a second. "We've been pretty low tension. We're actually really happy." He said with a smile. He turned to Hunter and cleared his throat. "Uh..Hunter? Just out of curiosity, how far have you gone with Arabella?" Hunter chuckled and turned to Will.

"What do you mean?" Hunter said, knowing exactly what he meant. Hunter walked over to the paint and started looking. "I mean...I'm not really the type to kiss and tell, man." He said, shaking his head. Will sighed.

"Stay silent, if you are no longer eligible for the hunters." Will said with narrowed eyes. Hunter looked up at him and sighed before looking back at the paint. "I can't believe it." Will leaned up against a shelf of paint trays. "The eternal virgin lost his virginity before I did. Oh, I'm so embarrassed." Will said, putting his head on his forehead. Hunter laughed and patted him on the shoulder.

"Dude, you've been together for years. How has this not happened yet?" Hunter said, a little surprised. "I mean, Penny is attractive. How has this..." Hunter stopped talking when he found the right paint.

"I just...I don't want to just walk up to her and be like, 'Hey, Penny. You want to bump uglies tonight?' It seems so...sleazy." Will said with a shrug. Hunter looked up at him like he was crazy.

"How far have you gotten?" Hunter asked with a raised eyebrow. Hunter felt weird talking like this. It seemed...irregular.

"We kiss plenty. We hold hands. Hugging. We just haven't...slept in the same bed or had sex." Will shrugged. "I'll be up for it whenever she's ready for it." Hunter laughed.

"Maybe you're just not reading her body language. I'm lucky because Arabella's body language is about as loud as a jet taking off." Hunter said with a chuckle. "Hey, let's get this stuff and we'll go back to the house." Will nodded as he grabbed a few paint supplies. Hunter paid and they loaded everything into the car. They got in and Will started driving back to the beach house. Hunter was hoping that Arabella would still be gone when they got back.