Chapter 91 - Arabella and Hunter

"I can't believe we missed 3 o clock." Hunter said as he drove away from the beach house. It was about 4 o clock and they still wanted to do some moving. "I blame you." He teased as he turned off the dirt road. He looked over at Arabella who was on her cell phone doing something. "Are you texting Daniel or something?" He asked with a sigh.

Arabella had her knees pulled up and feet on the seat. Her phone was in her hands and she was typing quickly. She nodded "Yeah, Daniel sent me a text to say hi and I told him that I was moving. He then sent me a text back saying that he would love to come to my apartment and help me move. He was also asking about Tom for some reason..." she said and shook her head. She pressed the send button then looked over at Hunter with a smile on her face. She rested her head on the seat behind her and reached over to Hunter, placing her hand on the nape of his neck and rubbing there gently "I'm pretty glad that we're late" she said with a smile

"I'm certainly not complaining." Hunter said with a chuckle. "I was really just commenting. So are we moving your clothes first? I figure this will be a but smoother if we go in with a plan." He continued to drive and was soon starting to see city streets and buildings. They were getting close.

"Well, I have a lot of stuff but I don't need it all sine you already have a bed and all of that. So I was thinking that the first thing I should do is go through my stuff quickly and figure out what things to keep, give away or put in storage" Arabella said and she smiled when she looked at the sky line. It was her favorite city in the whole world "But the clothes are very important. Some of my clothes can be folded up and put into boxes but a lot of my things can't be folded or they'll be ruined. So they have to go into dress bags..." she said with a sigh. Moving her clothes was going to be the toughest part.

Hunter sighed. "You and your clothes." He said, shaking his head. "I'll just ball mine up and throw them in the back of the car." He nodded and looked over as he took one of the last few turns. "So, if we do all your clothes tonight, then we'll be in good shape tomorrow." He said quietly. "We'll do your clothes tonight and then bright and early tomorrow you can sort through stuff and you can talk to your landlord and then we'll move everything as soon as we can." Hunter said with a grin. He was actually excited about this.

Arabella smiled and she nodded. Moving was exciting. It was fun. She was ready for this. She was ready to live her life with Hunter. Sure, there was going to be some rough moments and everything wasn't going to be perfect, but she was ready to deal with all of that. Arabella couldn't wait for their first Christmas together, their first Valentine's Day, their first Halloween. When  Hunter parked the car, Arabella leaned over to him and she kissed him deeply. The whole day had been perfection. Total bliss. "You're the best" she said softly before sliding out of the car and walking into her building with Hunter.

"How's it going, Tom?" Hunter said with a wave. Tom nodded.

"I'm doing well. And yourself?" Tom said with a grin as he looked down at Hunter and Arabella's intertwined hands and then looked back up at Hunter.

"I'm doing fantastically." Hunter said with a smile and a glance over at Arabella. "It's moving day." He said excitedly.

Arabella grinned up at Hunter and she nodded then looked at Tom "Yeah, I'm moving out.." she said softly then she let go of Hunter's hand and she jumped into Tom's arms, hugging him. He had always been so nice to her and she knew that she was going to miss him. Arabella felt Tom freeze for a moment, a little startled then he hugged her lightly, patting her back.

'I'm happy for you" Tom said with a nod after Arabella pulled away and stepped back to Hunter, taking his hand again. Arabella smiled wide at him then cleared her throat.

"Well, we have a lot of packing to do, so..I'll see you around Tom" Arabella said with a wave then looked at her phone. She looked back up at Tom with a raised eyebrow "And Daniel says to say hi" she said, her voice confused. Tom however, blushed deeply and looked like he was trying to think of something to say.

Hunter cleared his throat. "Well, let's get packing." He said with a nod. "I'm sure we'll see you around, Tom." He said, patting him on the shoulder. He walked into the elevator and pressed the button to her floor. As soon as they walked in, they went to work. "I'm just going to take care of whatever clothes I have in here. You start packing yours up." He said before kissing her on the temple and going to work.

Arabella nodded lightly and she rushed to her closet, starting to pack all of her things up. She sighed softly and gingerly folded some of her clothes, like jeans and tee shirts. It felt a little odd to be folding up all of her clothes and getting ready to leave. It's not that she didn't want to move, it just felt..odd. Arabella did love her apartment and she loved where she was living in the city but living with Hunter would be so much better than being around the corner from a Starbucks. Arabella worked for a while. Her bed was totally covered with folded clothes and dresses in bags, draped over the pillows.

As Hunter grabbed his clothes and put them in a bag, he glanced over at Arabella every once in a while. She looked a little distracted. Maybe bothered by something. He brought all of his clothes down and put them in the car and when he came back, he found the bed covered in clothes. He stood in the doorway for a moment and looked at her before walking in and putting his hands on her sides. He pulled her away from the bed and wrapped his arms around her. "I'm going to make you coffee, every morning." He said with his face against hers. "I'll make you wonderful food. We'll work on the house. After a long day of work, we'll curl up on the couch with more food that's not good for us and watch a movie. You'll fall asleep in my arms and I'll carry you up to bed and you'll fall asleep in my arms again." He briefly buried his face in her hair and kissed her head. "The next morning, we'll do it all over again. Every day will be perfect and every day I'll fall in love with you all over again."

Arabella smiled softly and she leaned into him. Her shoulders relaxed slightly as some stress fell off of her. It sounded like the most perfect, wonderful life that anyone could ever ask for and she was glad that she was going to be with Hunter. For a long time now, Arabella had been so used to sleeping with Hunter by her side, she had difficulty falling asleep without him by her side. Part of her wondered if that was pathetic but she was okay with that. Arabella closed her eyes and bit her lip "And will there be time for skinny dipping?" she breathed with a giggle. 
Hunter smiled and placed a small kiss on her neck. "Plenty of time for skinny dipping." He said as he rested his chin on her shoulder. Hunter was willing to do anything for her. Even if it embarrassed him or it made him nervous. "Whatever you want, Ellie." He said quietly. He gave her one last squeeze and kissed her cheek. "What can I do to help?" He said as he put his hands together and looked over the clothed bed.

Arabella walked over to her dresser and she dug around in a little jewelery box. She pulled out a set of keys and handed them to Hunter "Could you go to the bottom level of the building for me? I have my storage there. And then could you grab the big plastic containers? They'll be perfect for some of my clothes" Arabella leaned into him and she kissed him lightly. Once he left, she went to work on getting all of her shoes out of her closet and lining them up neatly. 

"Absolutely." He said as he walked out. He made his way to the bottom level and to the storage area. He found the area marked 'A. Foster' and walked in. He was curious what he would find in there. He found some miscellaneous things. Some shelving and things. He took a deep breath and lifted the plastic containers she had asked for. He turned around a saw something fall out from between the containers. A small book. He set the containers down and picked it up. It had a heart on it in plastic stones and was bright pink. He raised an eyebrow as he opened it. The inside had 'ARABELLA'S DIARY. DON'T TOUCH." on it. He smiled and resisted the urge to open it and begin reading. He slipped it into his back pocket and picked the containers back up. He locked up and walked back up to her apartment. "Found them." He said as he set the containers on the bed. "And this." He said as he brought the diary out of his pocket and held it up.

Arabella stood up and looked at him, pushing her hair out of her eyes. She looked at the little pink book and she gasped "Oh my gods! I haven't seen that in ages!" she said in a shocked whisper and she took the book from his hands. Arabella smiled up at him then sat down on the ground. Hunter sat down in front of her, leaning against the wall and Arabella gingerly opened the book. "Dear Diary, today I was walking home from school with Mattie and I saw a big black dog. He was the size of a garbage truck. The dog looked up and saw me but Mattie grabbed my arm and we ran into my apartment. He said it was a bad thing that I saw it. I thought the dog was cute. I wish I could play with him. Dad says that we have to go to a camp for special people, people like me. I don't want to go" Arabella read off of the first page and she ran her fingers over the little drawing of a hellhound that she had drawn in the corner.

Hunter turned his head to look, but couldn't see. Instead, he dragged her across the floor next to him. He leaned his head lightly on hers and looked down at her words and the picture of the hellhound. "How old were you?" He asked as he smiled at the messy handwriting. "How long did you keep this journal?" He ran his finger down the side of the pages. It was riddled with pictures and words written in the margins. "Am....I in here?" He asked quietly.

"I kept this until I was...17. I was 8 when I started it, so 9 years" Arabella said softly and she looked at his finger, blushing deeply. Hunter was in there, she knew that he was. Hunter was about 60% of her diary. Arabella took a breath and she nodded, flipping a couple pages. "I saw a boy today. He was walking out of the Hermes cabin with a friend. He has brown hair and my new sister, Lacey, told me that his godly parent hasn't claimed him yet. I waved at him and he smiled at me. When he smiled, my stomach got all fluttery. He's really cute" she read, her face getting redder and redder.

"Wait..." Hunter said, looking at the words. "You're totally talking about me, aren't you?" He said with a chuckle. He turned his head and looked at her red cheeks. "I think I remember that day. I thought about why the weird blonde girl was waving at me." He teased. She scoffed and punched his arm and Hunter smiled as he wrapped an arm around her. "I didn't know that you had the hots for me that bad." He said, looking back at the diary.

Arabella rolled her eyes and she looked back at the diary. Her eyes landed on a page that had tear stains on it and she remembered when she wrote that one. It was just after Kate had died and Arabella was only 10. Arabella kept asking people what had happened but no one would tell her the truth. She read the last line on the page. I miss my sister. Arabella took a breath and flipped the page quickly, not wanting to upset Hunter. She skipped through almost the first half of the diary. She landed on an entry she had written when she was 13 "I talked to Hunter yesterday and it was amazing. He is so nice to me and he smiled at me. When he smiled, it was like my heart was doing backflips. Then when I went to bed last night, I had a dream of Hunter. We were swimming in the water and he kissed me. I really like him but he probably doesn't even notice me" She read and looked at the drawings around the page. It was covered with hearts and had 'Arabella+Hunter' written at the top in swirling letter. On the page beside it was a sketch of Hunter's fourteen year old face.

"Wow..." He said as he ran his fingers across the picture of his face. "This is much better than your hellhound drawing." He said with a quiet chuckle. He wondered why he hadn't noticed Arabella's feelings. He looked at her and kissed her on the temple. He wondered what his life would have been like if he had never taken that oath. "I didn't know you were psychic." He said, running his thumb across the heart with Arabella+Hunter on it.

"Neither did I" Arabella giggled and she leaned into him slightly and closed her eyes for a brief moment. She opened them again and looked down at her diary in her hands. It was full with drawings and little words that she had written. Her entire life was in there. Arabella flipped through and landed on a page from when she was probably 15. There was hardly any words and it was mostly a big drawing that she had done of two people kissing. They were clearly Hunter and Arabella. Around the picture was a few dried tear drops and at the bottom the words 'My biggest wish' was written in gentle writing.

Hunter looked at the page and saw the drawing. He had no idea the effect he had on Arabella. He thought she was nice and fun, but he didn't know that she liked him that bad. He sighed and looked at her. He couldn't believe that he hadn't noticed. He cradled her face in his hand and turned her face toward him. "Granted." He said with a smile before pressing his lips to hers.

Arabella smiled softly against his lips. She remembered that drawing like it was yesterday. Arabella had been with Chad at the time and they went for a walk in the woods and they got into a fight which ended like every fight with Chad. Bruises and cuts and heart break. On the way back to her cabin she had seen Hunter walking around and her heart ached for him so much, it was physically painful. She had curled up in bed and drew that picture then. Arabella pushed herself closer to him, kissing him tighter "Thank you" she whispered.

"Mmm...No. Thank you." He said against her lips before breaking the kiss. He leaned his head on hers again and looked down at the diary. "What's the last entry?" He asked quietly. She obviously wrote a lot in here. She wrote everything in here. What made her stop? "Did something make you stop writing?" He asked in barely a whisper.

Arabella shrugged softly and she flipped to the last page. She couldn't remember what she said last in her diary. "I'm leaving camp today. I'm going to school in LA and Brian is coming with me. I love him, I think. But it breaks my heart to think that I might never see Hunter again and that I'll never have a chance with him. He's a hunter and even if he wasn't, he's crazy about Philippa. I can feel it when I'm around him. Everything is so complicated and confusing, I don't know where I belong in this equation anymore. My heart is begging to stay with Hunter, even if we're just friends. Maybe I can learn to love Brian the way that I love Hunter" she read softly and chewed on the inside of her cheek. There was another drawing on the page opposite her words. It was a picture of Arabella hugging Hunter and she was crying.

"I'm so sorry, Ellie." He said as he pulled her closer. Hunter didn't even know what he was doing about his feelings. He had never thought about Arabella's. She was his best friend and he barely talked to her about Philippa. He never knew that she cared about him the way she did. That he loved her. He gingerly took the diary out of her hands and held it out in front of him. He pulled a pen out of his pocket and turned to a blank page. "Dear Diary," He said as he wrote in the lines of the new page. "It's been a while since we spoke. I'm totally in love and stuff with Hunter. On top of that, we had sex in the shower today." She giggled and tried to take it away from him. "Ellie,  Diary and I are talking." He said with a chuckle as he continued writing. "Also, I'm totally successful and own a business that makes awesome clothing. I own a lot of clothes now. I mean, a LOT of clothes. It's kind of a hassle right now, because I have to fold them and put them in bags and boxes so that I can move them. Did I mention that I'm moving in with Hunter?" He stopped writing for a second and pecked her on the cheek. "Anyway, Diary, it's been great talking to you again. I've gotta go. My man and I are going to do something awesome. Bye! Love, Arabella." He finished with a clumsily drawn heart next to her name and smiled at her. "Oh." He wrote again. "P.S. He looks totally hot and sexy and stuff naked." He wrote with a chuckle. "And he's really good in bed. He rocked my world." He finished writing and closed the book. He handed it to her and put his pen away. "I always loved happy endings."

Arabella giggled, tossing the diary to the side. She wrapped her arms around Hunter's neck and she pulled him down to her, kissing him playfully. This was one of the many reasons that she loved Hunter. He made her feel good about her past and about the things that she had gone through. He made it easier for her to move on and not really regret anything from her life. Except for letting her cousin cut her bangs when she was 6. Arabella regretted that. She leaned back a little, pulling Hunter with her. She kissed him again and looked at him with a smirk on her lips "And you so totally rocked my world" she teased before kissing him again "So, my man and I are going to do something awesome?" she asked, curiously.

"Mmhmm." Hunter said, giving her one last kiss and smiling at her. He stood up and held out a hand. She took it and Hunter excitedly lead her out of the room. "I always take the stairs in this building." He said as he lead her out of the apartment. "I don't know why, but every single time I do..." He walked into the stairs and looked up. "The roof ladder is open." He opened the cover and looked up at the ladder. "What do you say?" He said with a raised eyebrow.

Arabella looked up then ladder then looked over at her. She knew that they weren't supposed to be up there but she felt a rush of excitment, like a little kid that just got away with stealing a cookie. Arabella kissed Hunter quickly before she started to climb up the ladder, a little bit nervous. Heights and Arabella weren't always the best combonation but she felt Hunter climbing up the ladder behind her and she felt safe, knowing that if she fell, Hunter would catch her. She climbed on to the roof and she sat down, looking at the sky line with her mouth in a little 'O' shape. The city was beautiful.

Hunter smiled as he propped the door open. "Come on. That's no way to get a good look." He said as he hauled her up. He walked to the edge of the building and stood on the ledge. He turned around and looked at her. She looked more worried than anything. "Come. Stand by me." He said, holding out his hand. He looked at her and smiled. He carefully sat down with his feet hanging off the ledge. "Sit by me? Does that help? He said, looking back at her.

"This building has 15 floors" Arabella gasped as she watched Hunter sit down at the ledge. She froze, unsure of what she should do. Part of her wanted to go back down the stairs but a bigger part of her wanted to sit with Hunter. Arabella took a deep breath and she gathered all of her courage before taking a couple steps towards Hunter. She reached out to him and quickly grasped onto his hands as he helped her sit down. Arabella held onto his arm firmly with her eyes closed for a moment. When she opened her eyes, she looked over the edge and her stomach dropped but then she looked up at the sky line and she caught her breath "Oh, wow..." she whispered.

Hunter smiled and held onto her close. "So does this count as awesome." He said quietly as he looked at the skyline in amazement. He felt her tighten up and looked over at her to see her looking at the ground. "Hey, hey, hey." He said abruptly. "Look out there or look at me. Don't look down." He said, looking into her eyes. Hunter had always loved heights. He didn't know why, but he was never afraid of them. Maybe, falling out of a lot of trees helped. "I've got you. I won't let you fall." He said comfortingly.

"I know" Arabella said softly and she turned her eyes to look at him. Her stomach was in knots but she couldn't tell if it was from the fear and the height of the building or the fact that she was looking into Hunter's eyes and she saw nothing but love and acceptance. She pulled herself closer to him and she wrapped her arms around his middle. Being with him like that was amazing. It was the best thing in her entire world "I love you" she breathed.

Hunter smiled. Every time she said those words he smiled. He was so happy. "I love you too." He said quietly as he wrapped an arm lightly around her. It was beautiful up there. He kissed her temple and gave her a loving squeeze. "Maybe, you should keep the apartment just for this view." He said with a chuckle. She smiled and put her head on his shoulder. "I came across....an empty land." He sang quietly as he put his head on hers. "I knew the pathways like the back of my hand." He continued quietly.

"I felt the earth, beneath my feet. Sat by the river and it made me complete" She sang softly, cuddling up to his side. She had forgotten all about the fact that she was on the roof. A smile spread across her lips and Arabella closed her eyes. Hunter's voice was perfect and beautiful, just because it was his. As he sang to her, Arabella took his hand and she daned her fingers up and down the inside of his forearm. She opened her eyes and looked at his skin, running her fingers over the bluish veins under his skin.

"Oh simple thing-" His voice cracked on the high note. "Wow. Child of Apollo, I am not." He said with a chuckle. "Let me try again." He stood up with his hand holding tightly to hers. She stood and he smiled as he spun her into him. He put his hands lightly on her waist and smiled. "Oh, simple thing...Where have you gone?" He sang as he swayed with Arabella. He couldn't have asked for a more beautiful day. 2 perfect days in a row. Was such a thing possible? "I'm getting old and I need something to rely on."

Arabella smiled and she rested her head on his chest, yawning gently. The moon had risen now and it was casting a silvery glow on everything. From far down below them, Arabella could hear the rumble of cars and the honking horns from taxi cabs. The city was coming to life and Arabella didn't care. She was happier with Hunter. Arabella only hoped that her father would like him and approve of him. She was going to be with Hunter, no matter what her father thought. But it would be nice and make her feel better if her father approved of it. Arabella tried to sing the rest of the song but it all came out in a tired mumble.

Hunter smiled and finished the song as Arabella was falling asleep in his arms. "Come on. Let's go to bed." He said as he practically picked her up and lead her to the door. They walked slowly back to her apartment, saying goodbye to the view, and into the bedroom. The bed was still covered in clothes from their attempt of doing something that night and both of them were too tired to clean it off. "Let's just sleep on the couch." He lifted her into his arms and walked into the living room. He sat down on the couch and laid down with her next to him on the inside of the couch. He wrapped an arm around her waist and pulled her close.

Safe and warm and Hunter's heart beat. All that Arabella knew and cared about at that moment was that she felt incredibly safe and warm and the thing that was making her feel like that was Hunter's heart beat against her ear. She snuggled up to him, twisting her hands in his shirt lightly and nibbling on her bottom lip. Arabella was already drifting off to sleep but she was awake enough to mumble something that sounded like it could have Hunter's name before she finally fell asleep.